Thursday, May 17, 2012

Oh Noes!

Where have I been this past month?! Oh that's right! I was in Hawaii for two weeks :P The beginning of class 4 and its first shot (pantomime eewww) were riddled with problems.  Not to mention that that awesome Hawaiian vacation definitely took a toll on that assignment.  I'm not happy/proud of it AT ALL but it was a learning process (I learned not to take vacations during crucial weeks of work!).  So the first video will just be the refined blocking of AbracaStewie.  The backstory is that Stewie here is a magician about to do the oldest trick in the book: pull a rabbit out of his hat.  But lo and behold when he reaches into the hat, no rabbit! He panics a bit and shuffles off stage.  The idea for this assignment was to be able to tell a story through body language (pantomime) and make it clear and readable.  I think I did that for the most part (it was the spline that killed me =C )

Next assignment (and the one I'm currently working on) is *drumroll please!* DIALOGUE!  I think I can safely say all students wait for this day... the "holy grail" of animation!  Below is my FIRST dialogue blocking: the story is The Blue Shield (tentative name) is an aging superhero who thinks he's relevant ...but maybe he isn't.

Mentor Ray gave me great notes (along with fellow classmates!) to make this shot stronger.  I feel like its got a solid base right now and can only go up from here! ...please tell me it can only go up from here :/ Till next time: excelsior!

No comments: