Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Round 2

My last post was in 2013 and I cannot believe it's been that long! It feels like only yesterday I was toiling away in class 6, trying to make something of a useable reel. I will admit that I had burnt myself out by graduation time. The reel I had wasn't great but it was "good enough" and I think that's hurt me in the long run. I've applied here and there but haven't gone full throttle and now I sit here wishing but knowing the only thing stopping me is me.

So the scoop: I decided to go back to RCC and start/finish the animation program they have. There is finally a solid certificate program in place and I'm very excited to be going back to the drawing board (literally!). The instructor is Will Kim  and it looks like he's a fan of mixed media which is AWESOME because it means getting to dabble in more than just maya and makes you/your work/your reel that much stronger.

Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come! I can't wait to get started.

No comments: