Sunday, September 11, 2011

Zombie Ballie Wants Your SPLINES

Here it is!! The last week of Class 1. It's a bittersweet moment to say the least :( I've had so much fun (even through the frustrating times) and enjoyed watching everyone's work and progress! I've learned a lot also ...I feel like things are slowly starting to click into place.  The Graph Editor is still enemy number 1 but it is definitely getting easier and easier to understand :) Travis has been a most excellent mentor and has given some awesome feedback that will most assuredly help me with future projects!! I've decided that I'm going to really make the effort to keep in touch with all my mentors! I think it's important ...I mean, they've devoted twelve weeks of their lives to helping you become a better animator.  If nothing else, I figure a nice "how are you doing?!" or "oh man I'm SO happy you covered blah blah in your lecture or I would be lost!" might make them feel like their hard work was totally worth it also :) ...Which it totally is any mentor who may be reading this! Your hard work is TOTALLY WORTH IT! But yes ...I will be trying my darndest to keep in touch with my mentors :D

As for the last assignment: we had to spline the personality walk (tricky tricky tricky) and get it flowing nicely.  I like how mine came out although I KNOW there's more work to be done on it.  But still, all in all I feel good about it :) Below is the playblast of what I turned in.  There was also another Stu pose (nay, the final Stu pose) showing Balance.  After looking through yoga poses, dancing and gymnastics, I decided on one that kind of encompasses them all.  Oh, and there's also a revised Exhausted Stu below that!!

I'm scared and excited to be moving on to Class 2!! I don't know what the future holds but I just gotta keep a positive attitude :D Excelsior!


No comments: