Sunday, December 4, 2011

Baby Steps!

Oh. My. GOSH. Who knew making a character pull a heavy object would be this labor intensive ? After all the hype in my mind of doing the Time Warp as an assignment, I ended up ditching that idea and going with "Stu Pulls Something ...Heavy" instead.  Class 2 is focusing on body mechanics and mentor Travis suggested (but didn't say we had to) that we try out something more focused on that (instead of the dance that would be ...*le sigh* ....). This was also the first adventure with a FULL RIG. Arms, legs, torso and head ....the whole enchilada.  Its been a very trying three weeks (so far) trying to get the animation/body mechanics working properly.  It definitely isn't there yet but its slowly making its way to the party :) Hopefully I'll have a kick ass final by next week!! Excelsior!

 
This is attempt uno... the fall wasn't working ...and neither were the "paddle hands"
 
This is attempt two! The fall still isn't working. The hands are better but are sloshing around too much!
 
Try number three! Didn't really touch the hands or hips, I mostly focused on the fall (which I hope is working better now! ...I know I like it better :D)

No comments: