Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Buy Me Some Peanuts And Cracker Jacks!

Last week I finished up my shot of Stewie Vs The Big Balls.  Overall, I'm happy with it, although it did lose a little sparkle once I got into splining it.   All in all, a success :) Hey, I'm still learning!! The biggest issue with it (and actually the blocking for the last shot of Class 3) is TIMING.  I'm having a real issue with making all my timing too even, a comment I not only got here in class 3 but also got in class 2 with Travis.  Talking it over with mentor Pete at this weeks Q & A, he gave good advice on recognizing/alleviating some timing problems.  The best example he gave was thinking of timing like a heartbeat: the beats aren't exact from the beat before it.  Its this variation in timing that makes what we see on screen more interesting.  Definitely good advice and I can't wait to dive back into my latest shot and play around with the timing :)
Speaking of my latest shot, I've titled it Stewie Strikes Out.  As you can imagine, this will be a baseball shot!! Swing batter, batter! Below is my first blocking pass.  I think I need to have better/longer holds before actions and speed up that swing!! Onward and upward!
 One more thing I should add: Sunday was OSCAR NIGHT and I'm weirdly proud of my previous mentor Travis Tohill and his work on Rango, which won best animated feature this year!!! Excelsior!

No comments: