Thursday, August 18, 2011

Heads? Or Tails? ...Or Ballie?

So I feel pretty good about how I did last week ....that is, until I got my critique! I don't know what it is about critique day but I see every single flaw magnified after getting said critique!! That being said, I always love how much better my work gets after watching the critique and taking notes from it :) It at least makes me feel like I'm improving and not stuck in a rut!!

This week we are tackling the infamous WALK CYCLE.  This also meant we got introduced to our newest character in the arsenal: Ballie! The deal with Ballie is that he is supposed to represent hips and legs.  This week we're only doing the blocking for the walk cycle (which means it looks fairly robotic).  I have to say, I feel good about what I've got so far :) He isn't just bobbing up and down but also rotating the hips forward/back and up/down... I've done traditional style walk cycles but nothing has been as clean as this one is looking so far :) Hopefully its actually as nice as I think it is! Below is what I've got so far :D Also this week: we have another Stu pose! This weeks pose is PHYSICAL STRENGTH. My basic idea for this pose is from Action Comics #1 ...we shall see if I find any others I would like to do lol Excelsior!


No comments: