Sunday, August 7, 2011

I Can't Believe It's Week 6

Week 6! It has come and (nearly) gone. It was a lot less hectic this week trying to work on assignments ....I don't exactly know why last week was so gosh darn difficult but hey, it's in the past and I've ultimately learned from it so that's a good thing :) This week was all about the pendulum swing.  The animation principle being practiced was overlapping and follow through, both very important in giving character believable life versus stiff robotic movements.  I worked on that ...I wanted to make something more interesting than what I ultimately came up with but they do keep telling us that simple is better so ...as long as the animation looks good, right ?? The inspiration for the pendulum swing was from a scene in Finding Nemo: when Marlin is telling Nemo how to swim out of the anemone ("First we go out ...and then back in again. Then we go out ....and back in" ...). The color scheme inspiration should be obvious to NERDS out there :D So enjoy the pendulum swing! ((ps: below that are revisions of the devastated Stu pose and that dreaded obstacle course after putting in tips from my mentor)) Excelsior!!

 

No comments: