Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Breezing Through ... Yeah, RIIIGHT!

Above is my *final* shelf project! After getting some helpful critique's from fellow AMers and becoming more comfortable with the controls in Maya, I feel this final shelf render is better than my previous ones! It was a lot of fun and a lot of work but it finally all came together :)

This week will have two assignments. The first is a hierarchy figure.  We are supposed to create a whole body rig/model that has assigned joints and such to it.  The idea is to show how to group things together in a realistic fashion (if you move your elbow, your forearm+hands go with it, etc.). I feel like I've done an adequate job, especially since I only have one day to complete it (assignments are done the day before the next class).  The fun part of the project was modeling a head. I tried to use Phillip J. Fry from Futurama as my inspiration (the only part that came out Fry-esque is the hair, but at least I know who it is!). Behold Fry Phillip Jay!

No comments: