Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I have successfully (I hope!) completed my first Animation Mentor project! I'm very happy and excited to continue on! Thanks to everyone for the help!!

Our mentor Arnie gave a lot of tips and tricks with working with the NURBS for this project (nurbs=shapes on shelf). One that I've found very helpful already is scaling down objects, like the cones, by typing in the decimal of how much smaller you want on object. The other, more difficult way (for me anyways) was using the "scale" tool :/ Typing in how much smaller it needs to be is a ton easier! I'm ready for project #2!

Excelsior!

2 comments:

Johnny DePalma said...

Deedra! Your shelf looks soooooo good! Just two quick things I would look out for.

Do you see that cylinder on the second shelf that left it's bottom lid behind? Make sure when you move an item that you have all sides selected.

And the second thing, is really just knit picking, but the cones one top shelf might look a bit cleaner if they were all evenly spaced. Right now they seem just a bit clustered.

But honestly, it's still pretty much perfect! Great job! Have fun playing around with hierarchy next week :)

Johnny DePalma said...

Ah! Crap, sorry for the typos. It's been a tough week. lol