Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Power of Command+D

A new favorite tool shortcut in Maya that I am loving is 'duplicate' which is achieved on a Mac with the command+D keys. It has made life a little easier :) This weeks second assignment was to play around with different camera angles and poses of our character (or we could make new characters).  My first attempt is pretty safe/cookie cutter. It's my character reaching for a mysterious floating orb ... A basic pose and basic camera angle. The second is parent character holding the hand of a smaller character I created through changing the scale through the attribute editor with a similar camera angle as the first. The third scene is hard to tell from the angle but I created a toy box with three "dolls", one of whom is reaching up for the main "life sized" character. The camera angle is that of the dolls in the box. I quite like how this one came out ... It is a little hard to read as you can't tell from this angle that they are in a toy box but I still like how it came out. The last picture is a little snapshot of a great movie moment from Singin' In The Rain !! I "built" the simple lamp post and positioned my guy on top. The camera angle is pretty straightforward as I wanted to be able to see the entire scene clearly. That's it for this week! On to the next !




What A Glooorious Feeling! Part2
What A Glooorious Feeling! Part1

2 comments:

Johnny DePalma said...

Wow! Nice job Ms. Garcia. I really like the grin you gave your little guy. He seems like he could be friendly or menacing, you just ever know. :) Also, nice work positioning your characters. Are you going to expand the singing in rain pose for your scene or are you going to go a different route? Either way, it looks great! Keep up the good work.

Dusty Day said...

I hadn't thought that far ahead lol I like the idea of doing a movie scene like that ... maaybe I will :D